Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Central, East Gippsland, North Central, North East and West and South Gippsland Forecast Districts.
Issued at 10:21 pm Wednesday, 12 June 2019.
Winds easing over eastern Victoria.
A weakening cold front over central Victoria will clear to the east overnight.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Victoria.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The strongest wind gusts recorded today were:
- 113 km/h at Mt Hotham at 11.46am
- 111 km/h at Mt Buller at 1.33pm
- 96 km/h at Falls Creek at 4.37pm
- 95 km/h at Mt William at 12.59am
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of fallen power lines;
* Don't walk, ride or drive through flood water;
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains;
* Beware of fallen trees or debris on the road;
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.