Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for DAMAGING WINDS and LARGE HAILSTONES
For people in parts of Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:07 pm Wednesday, 17 October 2018.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds and large hailstones in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Roma, St George, Mitchell, Rolleston, Springsure, Dirranbandi, Injune, Carnarvon National Park and Mungindi.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Central Coast and Whitsundays district and the warning for this district is CANCELLED.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
The next warning is due to be issued by 9:10 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.