Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Eucla and South Interior districts.
Issued at 6:43 pm Friday, 19 April 2019.
Damaging winds have now eased over the Southern Interior and the eastern Eucla.
Weather Situation: A deep surface trough has moved east through the Eucla and Southern Interior during Friday, bringing gusty winds and areas of raised dust. Conditions have now eased and will continue to do so over for the remainder of Friday evening and the warning is CANCELLED.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in WA.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.;
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.;
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.