Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Thunderstorm Warning
For people in Eucla district.
Issued at 5:17 pm Sunday, 14 October 2018.
Severe thunderstorms have contracted east of the WA/SA Border.
At 5:15 pm, satellite imagery showed a line of severe thunderstorms moving east and out of WA. Although thunderstorms are still occurring over the Eucla district, they are no longer expected to be severe.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
A wind gust of 106 kilometres per hour was recorded at Forrest at 2:43 pm.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.