Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Thunderstorm Warning
For people in Lower West, South West, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt districts.
Issued at 8:37 am Wednesday, 14 August 2019.
Severe thunderstorms over southwestern WA have temporarily eased.
An area of heavy showers and thunderstorms over southwestern WA has temporarily eased.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed. However, thunderstorm activity will continue today over the South West Land Division, the Goldfields and the southern Gascoyne. The situation will continue to be monitored, and if any further severe thunderstorms are expected then a Severe Thunderstorm Warning will be re-issued.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.