Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Furneaux Islands, North East and Central North Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:27 pm Wednesday, 15 August 2018.
Weather Situation: High tide has occured along the north coast and with the tide ebbing, the risk of innundation has passed.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 216. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.