Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
for Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, East Coast, Central Plateau and Midlands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 4:20 am Friday, 15 November 2019.
Winds have eased over southern Tasmania and damaging winds are no longer expected.
cancellation severe weather warning for the following areas:
Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, East Coast, Central Plateau and Midlands
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.