Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Hazardous Surf Warning for Queensland
Issued at 5:04 am EST on Friday 13 April 2018
for the period until midnight EST Friday 13 April 2018.
Surf and swell conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities
such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming in the following areas.
Friday 13 April
Hazardous Surf Warning for:
Fraser Island Coast, Sunshine Coast Waters and Gold Coast Waters
Surf Life Saving Queensland advise that:
- People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near
- Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek
a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
- Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing
or delaying their voyage.
- Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and
wear a lifejacket.
- Boaters should remember to log on with their local radio base and consider
their safety management plan.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
Check the Coastal Waters Forecast for information on wind, wave and weather
conditions for these areas at http://www.bom.gov.au/qld/ or on marine radio.