Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor Flood Warning for the Paroo River (NSW)
at Willara Crossing
Issued at 9:30 am EST on Wednesday 24 April 2019
Flood Warning Number: 4
MINOR FLOOD CURRENT AT WILLARA CROSSING
Minor flooding is easing along the Paroo River at Willara Crossing, where river
levels peaked Tuesday morning.
Paroo River (NSW):
Minor flooding is occurring along the Paroo River at Willara Crossing
The Paroo River at Willara Crossing peaked near 1.14 metres around 10:00 am
Tuesday and is currently at 1.05 metres and falling with minor flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you
require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights
and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations:
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 10:00 am EST on Friday 26 April 2019.
Latest River Heights:
Paroo River at Caiwarro, 1.43, Rising, 12:00 AM WED 24/04/19
Paroo River at Willara Crossing, 1.05, Steady, 09:15 AM WED 24/04/19
Turra at Cuttaburra Channel, 2.55, Rising, 07:00 AM WED 24/04/19
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 218. Warning, rainfall and
river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather
forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.