Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor to Moderate Flood Warning for the Warrego River (NSW)
at Barringun and Fords Bridge
Issued at 2:13 pm EST on Wednesday 24 April 2019
Flood Warning Number: 14
MODERATE FLOODING CURRENT AT FORDS BRIDGE
Local rain has caused renewed river rises at Barringun No.2, where river levels
are expected to reach the minor flood level late Wednesday afternoon.
Moderate flooding continues along the Warrego River at Fords Bridge, where
river levels are near its peak.
Warrego River (NSW):
Moderate flooding is current at Fords Bridge. Minor flooding is likely at
The Warrego River at Barringun No. 2 is likely to reach the minor flood level
(2.80 metre) late Wednesday afternoon, with further rises possible.
The Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash is currently near 2.50 metres
(estimated) and close to its peak with moderate flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you
require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights
and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations:
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 05:30 pm EST on Wednesday 24 April 2019.
Latest River Heights:
Warrego River at Barringun No. 2, 2.72, Rising, 02:00 PM WED 24/04/19
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 218. Warning, rainfall and
river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather
forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.