Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Hazardous Surf Warning for New South Wales
Issued at 4:25 pm EST on Thursday 30 August 2018
for the period until midnight EST Thursday 30 August 2018.
Surf and swell conditions are expected to be hazardous for coastal activities
such as rock fishing, boating, and swimming in the following areas.
Thursday 30 August
Hazardous Surf Warning for:
Byron Coast, Coffs Coast, Macquarie Coast and Hunter Coast
NSW Police Force, Marine Area Command advise that:
- People should consider staying out of the water and avoid walking near
- Rock fishers should avoid coastal rock platforms exposed to the ocean and seek
a safe location that is sheltered from the surf.
- Boaters planning to cross shallow water and ocean bars should consider changing
or delaying their voyage.
- Boaters already on the water should carry the appropriate safety equipment and
wear a lifejacket.
- Boaters should remember to log on with their local Marine Rescue radio base,
via VHF Radio or the Marine Rescue APP, and consider their safety management
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.
Check the Coastal Waters Forecast for information on wind, wave and weather
conditions for these areas at http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/ or on marine radio.