Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Greater Hunter fire area.
Issued at 1:53 pm EDT on Wednesday 6 March 2019.
Hot, dry and windy conditions ahead of a southeasterly change will see elevated
fire dangers for the lower Hunter.
For the rest of Wednesday 6 March:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station,
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.