Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
for Illawarra, Central Tablelands and Southern Tablelands Forecast Districts.
Issued at 12:45 am Friday, 18 October 2019.
VIGOROUS WINDS HAVE EASED
A strong cold front has moved through the state today and now is moving out over the Tasman Sea.
cancellation severe weather warning for the following areas:
Illawarra, Central Tablelands and Southern Tablelands
Severe weather is no longer occurring in NSW and the ACT.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
- Wind gust of 93 km/h at Port Kembla at 4:30pm
- Wind gust of 89 km/h at Nowra at around 2:30pm
- Wind gust of 89 km/h at Moss Vale at around 4:00pm
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Don't walk, ride or drive through flood water.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Beware of fallen trees or debris on the road.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.