Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for Damaging Winds
for parts of Gregory and Tanami districts.
Issued at 4:06 pm Friday, 22 November 2019.
GUSTY THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUING IN WESTERN PARTS OF THE NT
A trough through the Gregory and Carpentaria districts is producing thunderstorms.
DAMAGING WINDS for the following areas:
Gregory and Tanami
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Gregory district.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds over the next several hours in parts of the Tanami district. Locations which may be affected include Rabbit Flat.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in the Daly, Arnhem, Carpentaria and Barkly districts and the warning for these districts is CANCELLED.
Warning for the following areas:
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* secure loose outside objects
* ensure pets and animals are safe
* avoid remaining in the open when storms threaten
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au
The next warning is due to be issued by 7:10 pm.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and Northern Territory Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.