Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Kimberley, Pilbara, Gascoyne, Goldfields, Eucla, North Interior, South Interior, Central West, Lower West, South West, South Coastal, South East Coastal, Great Southern and Central Wheat Belt districts.
Issued at 2:10 am Monday, 18 June 2018.
Conditions are gradually easing in the southwest of WA.
A cold front has moved through the southwest of WA, with a westerly stream persisting in its wake.
Gusty showers and thunderstoms are expected to continue during Monday, but severe weather is no longer expected in the southwest of WA.
A second Severe Weather Warning for HEAVY RAINFALL remains current for the Gascoyne and Pilbara districts.
Cape Naturalite recorded a wind gust of 94 kilometres per hour at 9:22pm on Sunday.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.;
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.;
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.