Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Lower West and South West districts.
Issued at 8:16 am Sunday, 11 March 2018.
The gusty easterly winds will continue today but the risk of Damaging Wind gusts are no longer expected.
The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.;
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.;
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 213. The Bureau and Department of Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.