Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Western, Upper Derwent Valley, South East, North West Coast and Central Plateau Forecast Districts.
Issued at 6:25 am Tuesday, 22 May 2018.
WINDS HAVE EASED ABOUT TASMANIA AND DAMAGING WINDS ARE NO LONGER EXPECTED.
A fresh to strong west to southwesterly airstream remains over Tasmania. Wind gusts have eased below warning thresholds, with winds expected to continue to ease throughtout today.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 216. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.