Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Tasmanian Regional Office
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
CANCELLATION SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
Issued at 10:44 pm Saturday, 20 May 2017.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Tasmania.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Supervise children closely.
* Do not walk, ride or drive through flood waters.
* Beware of damaged trees and power lines and take care when driving.
* Listen to the ABC radio or check www.ses.tas.gov.au for further advice.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 216. The Bureau and State Emergency
Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.