Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Far North Coast fire area.
Issued at 4:40 am EST on Thursday 28 September 2017.
Hot, dry northwesterly winds ahead of a southwest to southerly change in the
late afternoon or evening.
For the rest of Thursday 28 September:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire area:
Far North Coast
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station,
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
No further warnings will be issued for this event, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings issued if necessary.