Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
Fire Weather Warning
for the Greater Hunter, Greater Sydney Region, Southern Ranges, Central Ranges
and Southern Slopes fire areas.
Issued at 3:41 pm EDT on Monday 22 January 2018.
Hot and dry conditions leading to elevated fire danger are forecast for New
South Wales for the remainder of today and throughout tomorrow.
For the rest of Monday 22 January:
Severe Fire Danger in the following fire areas:
Greater Hunter, Greater Sydney Region, Southern Ranges and Central Ranges
For Tuesday 23 January:
Severe Fire Danger is forecast for the following fire areas:
Southern Ranges and Southern Slopes
The NSW Rural Fire Service advises you to:
- Action your Bushfire Survival Plan now.
- Monitor the fire and weather situation through your local radio station,
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au and www.bom.gov.au.
- Call 000 (Triple Zero) in an emergency.
The Rural Fire Service advises that if you are in an area of Severe Fire Danger:
- If you plan to leave finalise your options and leave early on the day
- Only stay if your home is well prepared and you can actively defend it
- Prepare for the emotional, mental and physical impact of defending your
property - if in doubt, leave.
For information on preparing for bushfires go to www.rfs.nsw.gov.au.
The next warning will be issued by 5:00 am EDT Tuesday.