Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
For people in Daly and Gregory districts.
Issued at 10:09 pm Wednesday, 14 February 2018.
Weather Situation: A tropical low 1004hPa is located on the east Kimberly coast and will continue to move southwest away from the Territory.
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Northern Territory.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* pull over if it is raining heavily and you cannot see, park with your hazard lights on until the rain clears
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* stay away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways
* stay away from fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132 500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 214. The Bureau and Northern Territory Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.