Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Final Flood Watch for North West Coastal Rivers
Issued at 12:48 pm CST on Monday 6 March 2017
Flood Watch Number: 3
Tropical Cyclone Blanche has made landfall on the north Kimberley coast and is
expected to weaken as it travels further inland. Expect scattered showers and
storms to continue over western Top End with falls of 30 to 80mm. Heavier falls
may extend to the Gregory District on Tuesday.
Some roads may remain impassable for some time until conditions improve.
See www.bom.gov.au/australia/warnings/ to view all of the Bureau's current
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
- Stay away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways
- Avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
- Stop children playing in or near floodwaters
- Create your own sandbags if there is flooding, by using pillowcases and
shopping bags filled with sand and place them around doorways to protect your
- Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live
For emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones call 132 500.
Emergency information including the latest road conditions is available at
For the latest weather forecast see www.bom.gov.au/nt/forecasts
No further flood watches will be issued for this event.
See www.bom.gov.au/nt/flood/brochures/NT_FloodWatchBrochure.pdf for further
information about flood watch in the Northern Territory.